IRAP can help some people in processes like this:
- Afghan and Iraqi Special Immigrant Visa applications. IRAP helps with some kinds of Chief of Mission appeals.
- Family reunification for refugees with relatives in the United States and in some European countries. IRAP helps with some stages and some kinds of family reunification processes.
- UNHCR processes. IRAP represents some refugees in certain UNHCR processes in certain countries.
- Some other processes, like refugees in the U.S. applying for a refugee travel document.
IRAP cannot guarantee that we can help any particular person in any process. In many situations, we are not able to provide direct legal help because the number of people requesting help exceeds our capacity.
IRAP cannot help with:
- Financial help
- Help with jobs
- Processes with the government where you currently live
You or your relative may want to ask an immigration attorney for help with this process. Here are a few resources:
- Information about asking for help from IRAP is here.
- If you are in Jordan, you can ask for IRAP Jordan’s help using this form. If the form is closed, you can check back at a later date.
- A list of free immigration legal service providers in the United States is available here.
- A list of private immigration attorneys in the United States is available here.